.

.

Featured post

Famous Nude Art

Michelangelo's David.    Gauguin - Spirit of dead watching Sandro Botticelli - Birth of Venus I  have never though...

Tuesday 2 June 2015

Vincent van Gogh







Vincent Willem van Gogh was a major Post-Impressionist painter. He was a Dutch artist whose work had a far-reaching influence on 20th-century art. 

Van Gogh was born to upper middle class parents and spent his early adulthood working for a firm of art dealers. He traveled between The Hague, London and Paris, after which he taught in England at Isleworth and Ramsgate. He was deeply religious as a younger man and aspired to be a pastor. 


After years of anxiety and frequent bouts of mental illness,he died aged 37 from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. The extent to which his mental health affected his painting has been widely debated by art historians. Despite a widespread tendency to romanticize his ill health, modern critics see an artist deeply frustrated by the inactivity and incoherence wrought through illness.



 There is some story about an ear . 







Quotes :

I feel that there is nothing more truly artistic than to love people.

Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well.

For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.

I dream of painting and then I paint my dream.

What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?

I often think that the night is more alive and more richly colored than the day.

Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.

I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process.

If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.


The best way to know God is to love many things.












Vincent Van Gogh wasn't mad ,  he was just very upset when he saw the Tardis explode






































No comments:

Post a Comment